British Columbia Old Age Pensioners' Organization - Scholarship Society
Letters are sent to colleges and universities around the province each September asking that students submit applications for a scholarship by October 31.
Depending on the funds available, the Scholarship Society awards scholarships in each fiscal year.
The scholarships will be awarded to students who are enrolled in post-secondary programs related to the health and well being of senior citizens in the province of British Columbia, be it hands-on care, research or in an administrative capacity.
Scholarships for students in post graduate programs will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each.
Scholarships for students in programs of no less than six months will be awarded in the amount of $500 each.
Following are the criteria to be considered as a basis for awarding the scholarships, regardless of the program in which the student is enrolled.
1. The application cover sheet must be completed
2. Applicants will complete a letter of application
3. Academic standing will be a primary consideration (supporting documentation from
university/college must be included)
4. Financial need will also be considered
5. Applicants will supply a letter of reference
6. The Scholarship Society will have the final say on the recipients of the scholarships.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Scholarship Society President,